Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Beautiful Afternoon

I have been trying, ever so slowly, to learn how to take decent pictures. With this shoot, I was working on aperture and shutter speed. None of the photos have been edited- I realize they need it- I just wanted to get them up. The success of the shoot for me was that almost all of the pictures are in focus, which is difficult with a wiggly baby! I was able to get a more appropriate shutter speed as well as use the selective focus feature and that seemed to really help.

















Hey- maybe if I move over just a titch, I can get the house out of the background. Duh!


Tried to just focus on her feet. Didn't work too well. And on top of that, as I look at the finished shot, I should have obviously focused on her hand.





Oh yeah- white balance. So many things to remember!



Now it's starting to get dark.

How many calories does this stuff have?

Her favorite toy

Ready. Aim. Fire!





5 comments:

  1. Megan: These are FANTASTIC!!! You have certainly nailed your focus. Your photos have taken a huge leap forward in terms of their quality. Of course, how can you help but have that happen with such a beautiful subject? I can't believe what a big girl she is becoming. She is sitting up and looking so grown up! She is just so beautiful. I can't wait to see her again.

    You'll have to explain what you mean by "selective focus feature". Whatever it is, it seems to work. If you want to tweak the white balance on these, it will be easily done in PSE or LR.

    Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am anxious for you to edit a few of these to see what you can do with them. Hurry up!

    ReplyDelete